Would you like to prevent harassment on your teams?

Download our educational kit. It contains all the training content and other educational activities to stimulate reflection in your work environment.


Are you a victim or witness of harassment?

L’Aparté provides support services for any individuals in the cultural sector who have been subjected to or have witnessed harassment or violence in the workplace. The website is in French only, but services are offered in English.

450 396-9449 or 1 833 LAPARTE

The Government of Quebec also offers a listening, information and referral hotline for victims of sexual assault, their families and caregivers.

1 888 933-9007

Do you work or study in the cultural sector?

Many associations, unions and institutions provide assistance and support services for victims and witnesses of harassment.

Click on this link to find out which organizations offer these services.

Additional resources for victims and witnesses

Crime victims assistance centre


Centre d’aide et de lutte contre les agressions à caractère sexuel
Quebec coallition of sexual assault centers


Centre pour les victimes d’agression sexuelles de Montréal
Montreal Sexual Assault Centre


Groupe d’aide et d’information sur le harcèlement sexuel au travail
Help and Information Center on Sexual Harassment


Do you want to file a complaint?

Commissions des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et sécurité au travail (CNESST)

If you are an employee, you can file a complaint with the CNESST – division les Normes du travail.


Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse

In cases of sexual or discriminatory harassment, you can file a complaint with the Commission des droits de la personne.


Commission canadienne des droits de la personne

In cases of sexual or discriminatory harassment, you can file a complaint with the Human Rights Commission if your work was with a federal company.


Professional associations

Various professional associations provide for a harassment grievance procedure in their collective agreements. Contact your association.


In the event of a criminal act, you can file a complaint with the police.

Civil remedy

If you are self-employed, you can bring an action for damages against your abuser. You are advised to consult a lawyer.

Additional resources for harassment prevention

Canada Council for the Arts – Respectful Work Places


Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC)

Legal references

Loi sur les normes du travail

Charte sur les droits et libertés

Commissions des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et sécurité au travail (CNESST)

Resources for Federally Regulated Businesses

Workplace Violence and Harassment Prevention Regulations

Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)

Online training available: Harassment and Violence Prevention

For Designated Recipients and Employers:

For Employees:

For Managers and Committees/Representatives: